Pertinent Additional Pages
The Browser Wars In The New Millennium Battle - What's Faster Netscape, Microsoft Or iCab? -
There are 4 companies working on different Web browsers for the Mac. Which one will walk away with the performance prize .... perhaps it's not so clear cut!
accelerated for the G4
Mac OS 8.6 vs Mac OS 9: A Benchmark Rumble!
- We pitted Apple's two most recent operating systems head to head in a series of MacBench and "real world" tests to see who would come out on top.
Disk Cache and Mac OS 9 - The Performance Equation
- We ran MacBench 5.0 and conducted a series of "real world" tests to determine the optimal disk cache settings
MP3 Encoder Shootout!
- We put several popular MP3 encoders to the test to see who would come out on top
- Our review of the software that allows you to share a single internet connection with others as well as filter content.
Can The Little Taxi Make It Up The Hill - A Performance Review Of The iCab Browser
- the new iCab browser for the Mac has created a lot of buzz for being light on System resources and fast to boot. We put the browser through its paces and wonder why anyone, from a performance standpoint, would stick with Explorer.
Startup Doublers: Do They Live up to Their Names?
- We benchmark two offerings, the shareware Startup Doubler and Casady & Greene's Speed Startup. The results are surprising...
From 7.6 to 8.6 A Mac OS History In Benchmarks
- We provide MacBench 5.0 scores as well as real world results for the major OS revisions from 7.6.1 to 8.6.
Explorer Speed Questioned - A Performance Review Of Explorer 4.5 and Communicator 4.6
- Mike thought Explorer seemed a little pokey over his new DSL connection so he took the new version out for a spin. The results? Well lets just say he is preparing to send a white paper off to the DOJ!
SmartSound for Multimedia
A Smart Little Program - We take a look at , a soundtrack program for non-musicians.
Virtual Game Station
Virtually Irresistible - We take a look at from Connectix. A whole new world of games has just opened up to the Mac community.
Two clicks to a rejuvenated Mac - A review of , software that makes sure that all of your software is up to date.
A CD Player for the Audiophile - We take a look at the TitleTrack CD program that does a whole lot more than just play CDs.
A 20% Speed Improvement For Your G3 Machine Though Simple Software!
- XLR8 have improved their Cache "speed boosting" control panel to include Apple's G3 machines and Macs upgraded with G3 upgrade cards from all the major manufacturers. We have the scoop and some preliminary benchmarks.
Emulation vs Native
CD ROM Acceleration