Product Watch: 100 Football Teams Inside Your
Mac - "The Best Mac Sports Game"
Aspyr Media's Madden NFL 2000
Aspyr Media's Madden
NFL 2000 renews a game title that first appeared 10 years ago on an
Apple computer. The first Madden football game ever made was named John
Madden Football and it ran on the Apple II. The game shipped in 1989
and was an instant success. After 10 years of absence, Madden football
has found it's way back on to the Mac!
Ever since the Madden series was introduced it has dominated the football
sports game category. Last year the Madden Football series accounted
for 57% of sales for all PC-based football games.
"Madden NFL 2000 signifies the return of the big boys to the Mac
gaming community" said John Schappert, executive in charge of production,
"The most important thing to me is that we need to keep pushing
the limits of what is possible in a video game," says Madden.
Some great things have been added to the game that Aspyr feels will
keep the game at the top of the pack.
More than 100 football teams are available, including all current NFL
teams, 85 All-Time and Super Bowl teams, plus numerous secret teams.
This wide range of teams, from the past and present, provides a multitude
of match-ups for historical football fans.
Recent MacNN review
gave this game 4 1/2 stars out of a possible 5 and said this about the
" Madden 2000 is an ensemble of stunning graphics and realistic
gameplay that will impress any sports fan. For Mac users, Madden 2000
also represents more than a great football game; it marks the first
time in recent history that any sports title of any magnitude has found
its way to the platform"
A recent Macworld review
called it the best sports game for the Mac and said this about it:
"Madden 2000 is among the finest football simulations currently
Aspyr Media's Madden NFL 2000 MSRP: $50 .......... Check for lowest
PO BOX 5861
Austin, TX 78763
Key New Features:
- Multi-Player Franchise Mode - You're the coach, the GM,
and the owner. Build your franchise and compete against your friends
(up to 8 people) over 30 consecutive seasons to see who's got the
complete range of skills.
- Full Internet Play - Compete against the best Madden player
around the globe via the Internet.
- All New Interface - Navigate via mouse for drag and drop
- New Player Editor - Keep the NFL experience alive with adjustable
individual player ratings that you control to match actual NFL player
performance over the course of the season.
- Madden Situation Creator - You can create any NFL situation
you choose, from a chance to score a winning touchdown in the final
seconds, to battling your way back from a first half slaughter.
- Lightning Fast Gameplay - Close the gap between the defensive
back and receiver, or turn the corner with your running back and jet
down the sidelines for a TD. Madden NFL 2000 has a faster frame rate
and faster moves on the field for faster action.
- Custom Teams in Custom Seasons - Create your own team and
track your stats in a season that you create.
- Career Stats and Record Tracking - Keep track of all your
stats and records over an entire career so there's never any question
who won the last game.
- Revolutionary Polygon Player Models - Beefy linemen, stocky
full backs, and stacked linebackers. All of the Madden NFL 2000 Cyber
Athletes are scaled to their real NFL counterparts' actual height
- New Madden Challenge - Try to unlock secret codes by completing
challenging in-game tasks and trivia.
- Tons of New Animations - Breakable wrap tackles, user-controllable
jukes, gang tackling, diving catches and more.
- Arcade Mode - Power up for ultra-fast blur moves, helmet-popping
hits, more scoring, and special hits for the ultimate 11 vs. 11 arcade-style
football. They've added in your face commentary from the voice of
- Authentic Stadium Audio - The crowd shouts your team's chant
and react to the big plays on the field. Plus, stadium touchdown songs
and a PA announcer add authentic NFL flavor.
- On-Field Audio - You can hear all the action down on the
field from the pad busting hits to the unique player taunts after
you've made a big play.
- Play-by-Play Commentary - New commentary from Madden and
Summerall describes the action as it unfolds on the field.
- On-Field Graphics - On-field realism including nets behind
the goalposts, authentic NFL fields, TV style first down marker and
resolutions of higher than 1024 x 768.
- Player Hot & Cold Streaks - Who's gonna step up this week?
You won't know until game time with players' attributes changing if
they're in the >zone or in a slump.
- Route Based Passing - Take advantage of a slow D back and
change your receiver's route at the line of scrimmage. Madden NFL
2000 gives you complete control.
- Plus 200 Teams - Including the All Madden Millennium team
and all the greats from the past.
- Great games - Replay the greatest games of the past like
the classic '81 Chargers vs. Dolphins playoff battle.
- All new mo-capped moves - Breakable wrap tackles, gang tackling,
diving catches, helmet-popping hits and new TD and post-play celebrations.
- OS 7.6.1 or later
- 8X CD-ROM Drive
- 64 MB RAM
- 603e/200Mhz PowerPC Processor or faster
- OS 7.5.3
- 4X CD-ROM Drive
- 32 MB RAM
- 603e/180Mhz PowerPC Processor or faster
Supports ATI 3D accelerators (Rage Pro or 128, 4 MB VRAM minium) and
3Dfx (VooDoo 1,2,3)
For Free Macintosh
Hardware Click Here